What kind of fabric is nylon cloth? Nylon cloth is a term for polyamide fiber (nylon), which can be made into long or short fibers. Nylon is the trade name of polyamide fiber, also known as Nylon. The English name Polyamide (referred to as PA), its basic composition is an aliphatic polyamide connected by amide bonds—[NHCO]—.
Nylon cloth was developed by the outstanding American scientist Carothers (Carothers) and a scientific research team under his leadership, and it is the first synthetic fiber in the world. The appearance of nylon has brought a new look to textiles. Its synthesis is a major breakthrough in the synthetic fiber industry and a very important milestone in polymer chemistry.
This type of product has a wide range of uses. It is a good material for plastics to replace steel, iron, copper and other metals, and is an important engineering plastic; cast nylon is widely used to replace wear-resistant parts of machinery and equipment, and replace copper and alloys as wear-resistant parts of equipment. . It is suitable for making wear-resistant parts, transmission structural parts, household appliance parts, automobile manufacturing parts, screw-proof mechanical parts, chemical machinery parts, and chemical equipment. Such as turbines, gears, bearings, impellers, cranks, instrument panels, drive shafts, valves, blades, screw rods, high-pressure washers, screws, nuts, seals, shuttles, sleeves, bushing connectors, etc.
Can nylon clothes be ironed? Nylon fabrics are wear-resistant and have good elasticity, but the ironing temperature should not be high, and a dry cloth should be used as a pad before ironing. Polyester fabrics are durable and wrinkle-free, so wash and dry without ironing. Because there are many varieties of chemical fiber clothing, it is difficult to control the temperature. Before ironing for the first time, you can try ironing on the inconspicuous parts of the clothing to avoid ironing damage.
Features of nylon fabric:
1. The abrasion resistance ranks first among all kinds of fabrics, many times higher than other fiber fabrics of similar products, so its durability is excellent.
2. Hygroscopicity is a better variety in synthetic fiber fabrics, so the clothing made of nylon is more comfortable to wear than polyester clothing.
3. It is a light-weight fabric, which is only listed after polypropylene and acrylic fabrics in synthetic fiber fabrics. Therefore, it is suitable for making mountaineering clothes, winter clothes, etc.
4. Excellent elasticity and elastic recovery, but easy to deform under small external force, so the fabric is easy to wrinkle during wearing.
5. The heat resistance and light resistance are poor. During wearing and use, attention should be paid to the conditions of washing and maintenance to avoid damage to the fabric.