Nylon, also known as nylon, is known for its excellent wear resistance. It is not only the choice for down jackets and mountaineering clothes, but also is often blended or interwoven with other fibers to improve the strength and fastness of the fabric. So let's discuss now whether nylon fabrics are harmful to the skin? What other things do we need to pay attention to in nylon fabrics?
1. The performance of nylon fabrics
Strength, good abrasion resistance, ranking above all fibers. Its abrasion resistance is 10 times that of cotton fibers, 10 times that of dry viscose fibers, and 140 times that of wet fibers. Therefore, its durability is good. Nylon fabric has good elasticity and elastic recovery, but it is easy to deform under small external force, so its fabric is easy to wrinkle during wearing. Poor ventilation and ventilation, easy to generate static electricity. The hygroscopicity of nylon fabric is a better variety among synthetic fiber fabrics, so the clothing made of nylon is more comfortable to wear than polyester clothing. It has good moth resistance and corrosion resistance. The heat and light resistance are not good enough, and the ironing temperature should be controlled below 140 ℃. In the process of wearing and using, you must pay attention to the conditions of washing and maintenance, so as not to damage the fabric. Nylon fabric is a light-weight fabric, which is only listed after polypropylene and acrylic fabrics in synthetic fiber fabrics. Therefore, it is suitable for making mountaineering clothes, winter clothes, etc.
2. The shortcomings of nylon fabrics
The disadvantage of polyamide fiber is that the optical rotation resistance is slightly poor. If it is exposed to sunlight for a long time outdoors, it is easy to yellow and the strength decreases. Compared with polyester fiber, its shape retention is poor, so the fabric is not upright and straight. It has a smooth fiber surface and a waxy feeling. Regarding these shortcomings, various improvement measures have been studied in recent years, such as adding lightfast agents to improve optical rotation resistance, or making special-shaped sections to improve appearance and gloss. DTY or ATY Processed or blended or interwoven with other fibers to improve hand.
3. The effect of nylon fabric on the skin
Nylon fabric is a synthetic fiber. Some people have sensitive skin and may experience some skin allergies. However, the overall performance and texture of nylon fabric are harmless to mass consumers. The wear resistance, hygroscopicity, The elasticity is very good, and it is easy to deform under small external force, so the fabric is easy to wrinkle during wearing. However, the breathability of nylon cloth is very good, so many underwear materials on the market are made of nylon cloth. Another point is that the anti-static performance of nylon cloth is not very good, so parents who wear nylon cloth in winter may pay attention to it. Slightly.
4. The washing and maintenance of nylon
1. Choose general synthetic detergent, use neutral detergent, the water temperature should not exceed 45 degrees, avoid using hot water, nylon clothes are easy to dry after washing, and do not need to be dried.
2. Can be twisted lightly, avoid exposure and drying
3. Low temperature steam ironing, below about 140 degrees Celsius.
4. After washing, ventilate and dry in the shade
5. Nylon clothing is not easy to fade but easy to dye. When cleaning, it must be separated from other dark clothes to avoid dyeing.
6. Be sure to use steam when ironing, not dry ironing
7. Its shortcomings, its outstanding shortcomings are that if it is exposed to sunlight, it is easy to age and deteriorate. Therefore, when washing and maintaining nylon fabrics, pay attention to this aspect.
Nylon has the best dyeing properties in the synthetic fiber family. It has the properties of lightness, water resistance, wind resistance, good strength, good elasticity and high wear resistance. It is an ideal clothing material.